Thursday, October 11, 2012

So much has transpired

So, it's been 5 months since my last update and a TON has happened since then.

I graduated from PA school. (fireworks and happiness!!)

I bought a house and moved in. (more fireworks and happiness!!)

I got a job. (even MORE fireworks and happiness!!!!)

The past few months have been very busy and very exciting, to say the least.

Here are some highlights from all of the awesomeness. Enjoy. :)

 My parents came up to see me walk and get hooded for my Master's degree. The week after this, I presented my Grand Rounds presentation and ROCKED IT!
May 12

 Celebrating at Blue Sky winery

 I absolutely love this photo <3 p="p">

Our offer was accepted!! So exciting!
May 25 

 Natalie's wedding - so much fun
June 2

 Canoeing at Turkey Run in Indiana
June 24

 Move in day in our first home purchase!!!
July 13

 Last day as a student with some AWESOME people. I'll miss all of you guys!
July 27

 Celebrating with classmates after lots of testing
August 3

 I love these people

 White Coat ceremony
August 4

 Roomie love

 Two fo my favorite ladies

Mom and Dad - who celebrated 35 years of marriage this summer!


My happy family :)
August 11


Hanging out back home (Miami) with my favorite munchkin <3 p="p">
August 22


My new buffet

My new dinner table set

 Hiking at Starved Rock State Park in Utica, IL
September 7-8



 Busch Stadium watching the Cards v Reds
October 2


 Fall has come to Illinois - Allerton Park in Monticello
October 9


Well, that's a quick summary of my last 5 months. Things have been very good. We moved about 45 miles north of where we have lived for the past 6 years. This means that my husband is a lot closer to his job. His commute is now 15 minutes instead of an hour.  I'm now officially licensed as a Physician Assistant in the state of Illinois - very exciting. Once I start working, my commute will be 10-15 minutes too! My official start date is November 19, so until then I'll be enjoying my time off and working on a bunch of ideas from Pinterest (I've already finished some and will post pics). I'll also be reading and just relaxing.

I recently fell in love with the HBO series Game of Thrones (EPIC) and am currently reading the second book in the series. I'm also in the midst of planning my annual Halloween party. I realized that I never posted pics from last year's party - maybe I'll do that soon.

I'm trying to get started running again. I've been kind of spotty with it - but I'm just finishing week 2 of a boot camp session. It's going pretty well, so that's good.

Anyway, I hope everyone is well. I promise I'll be posting more often now that school is finished.

Be well,
Damaris :)







3 comments:

  1. Wow that's an exciting 5 months! Congrats on all of those awesome accomplishments! I know you've been working hard for a while. Enjoy your time off before you have to go back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Damaris, you have been BUSY!! Congratulations on all of your achievements. You're awesome! :) I loved this "highlights" post-- great photos :)
    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete