Thursday, March 1, 2012

Excitement!!

Okay, so I've been wanting a Garmin running watch with GPS functionality for a long time now. Last time I asked for one was right before PA school started (about 2 years ago) and then came the school-induced hiatus from running. Now that I'm back on track and I have a plan, I've decided to take the leap and make the investment.

I'm so excited! I just ordered my Garmin Forerunner 210. They have a bunch of really neat models, but after doing some research and reading some reviews (namely this one, http://www.dcrainmaker.com forerunner 210 review and this one http://www.dcrainmaker.com forerunner 405 review), I decided that the forerunner 210 more than meets my needs.

Check it out:

If you're at all interested in getting a sports watch for running, check out the links to the reviews I referenced above. They're really thorough and provide all the information you could possible need when deciding on what product to purchase.

You can get the Forerunner 210 with a heart rate monitor and foot pod - i didn't get either one (due to price), but I would really like the foot pod. It's for use when training indoors on a treadmill (yay for training in Midwest winters).

Anyway, I should get my lovely device tomorrow - which means I'll have it when I go to Miami next week. I'm really stoked about this because it means I can run to the marina near my parents' house, and wherever else, without having to map out my route ahead of time to ensure that I cover the correct mileage for my training plan. Sweet freedom!

Another piece of happiness: being back on a training plan means that I get to meet up with my old runner buddies at Lake of the Woods (LOW) this Saturday morning. It'll be like old times (except that Joanna won't be there). This also means that we will definitely be hitting up Panera for post-run sustenance. 

Next Friday I'll be taking exams for the end of my Surgery rotation. Weird, right? It's the end of my 7th rotation out of 9. I'm stressing a lot less because I've realized a few things: 
1) Test day will come. No use freaking out, because that won't postpone the inevitable.
2) I WILL pass my tests - there isn't really any other option for me.
3) I know more than I give myself credit for. Relax and breathe.
4) I will be home in Miami in 8 days. This is what those 4 days will look like for me:
My parents' amazing backyard
Tiki bar @ Islamorada
I hope everyone has a wonderful day and stays positive
-Damaris

1 comment:

  1. SWEET WATCH!

    I say that...because I don't wear a watch AND I am a punk when it comes to running. But I guess I would feel the same way if I got....a new xbox or something. ha ha

    Stay motivated. You're one of people I look at and say, "Ugh. That bitch makes me look lazy."

    :-)

    ReplyDelete