Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Back on track

So, I've mentioned before that I put on a good chunk of weight during PA school. 18 pounds to be exact. Ugh.

On January 1st I started logging my calories with an app on my iPhone called MyFitnessPal. I love this app. It's helping to keep me accountable with my food intake and motivated with my workouts. I've been working out 4-5 times a week and sticking to 1250 calories a day. So far I've lost 7 pounds. :)

I also started running again in January. I started slow for a few weeks, but I just registered for the Illinois Half Marathon in Champaign, IL on 4/28/12. The last time I ran a race was Spring 2010, right before PA school started. I'm stoked to be on my way back to the pre-PA school me. 12 pounds to get to my goal weight of 125.

Here's a look at my training schedule for the next 9 weeks: I'll be running on Mondays, Wednesday and Thursdays with long runs on Saturdays.
The Vibram Komodosport's I've been running in
        week ending   3-Mar      3,4,3 and 6 miles
        week ending   10-Mar    3,4,3 and 8 miles
        week ending   17-Mar    3,5,4 and 10 miles
        week ending   24-Mar    4,5,4 and 11 miles
        week ending   31-Mar    4,6,4 and 12 miles
        week ending   7-Apr       4,5,4 and 9 miles
        week ending   21-Apr     3,4,3 and 8 miles
        week ending   28-Apr    3,3,2 and RACE DAY!!!


Another piece of exciting information... I'll be home in Miami in < 9 days!!!! WooHooooo! I haven't been home since July of last year and I reeeeaaalllly need some sun on my skin and some sand between my toes. Can't wait to see my family and friends.

3 comments:

  1. You are GANGSTA! I dislike running A LOT! But isn't that marathon near your birthday?

    I love apps for tracking calories. It really makes you realize what you are eating. I lost 17 lbs last year and kept it off until I started taking a new medication...but I'm off that now.

    Keep us updated on your progress. Anyone that runs a marathon is cool in my book. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ma'am. My birthday is April 22 and I'll be 29. Ugh. Last year of my twenties, so I'm gonna make it a damn good one.
    My list of to do's:
    Run more
    graduate from PA school and get certified
    vacation after graduation - nothing but quality time with my Mr
    get pregnant
    get a job and start paying my student loans
    have FUN!!!

    So, how your weight after you stopped that medication? 17 pound weight loss is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just stopped taking it on Monday. Sooooo....we shall see. I gained about half of that weight back. I'm working on getting rid of it now. Running would probably help...but no....

      And your to do list is intimidating. ha ha keep me posted on that.

      Delete