Saturday, February 11, 2012

Less than 6 months to go... and here's some music!

Can you believe I have less than 6 months until I graduate as a Physician Assistant! Nuts.

We'll be having our program's white coat ceremony and pinning on August 4th, but we recently found out that the school cancelled the August graduation ceremony. So, we'll have to walk in the May ceremony- which is terribly anticlimactic considering we'll still have to do our two month preceptorship before we're actually finished. Oh well. They were going to make us wait until December to walk. But it sucks because a fair few of my classmates have decided that they're not going to walk in the May graduation. :(

Anyway. I just finished my 6th rotation last week. It was internal medicine, which I was lucky enough to do with our local Hospitalist (who is amazing). It was a really great rotation and I feel like I learned a lot. I started rotation 7 this Monday, which is surgery. I've already gotten to see some really interesting procedures - like a loop ileostomy takedown (look it up on youtube). My attending is a firecracker and I really like her. She also listens to really great music in the OR.

Just so you know, I'm currently obsessed with Gotye and Kimbra - they're both musicians from the Australia/New Zealand area. Really great stuff. Here's a video or two... or four ;)

Someone that I used to Know - by Gotye featuring Kimbra

Save Me - by Gotye

Settle Down - by Kimbra (looooove this one!)

Two weeks by The Grizzly Bears/ Head over Heels by Tears for Fear - Mashup of the two by Kimbra

Enjoy!! And I hope everyone is staying warm this winter. I can't wait for warmer weather!!

3 comments:

  1. Love "Settle Down".

    Thank you for introducing me to something new. Life in a smaller town has me trapped. I usually only hear super mainstream stuff. Whatever my friends are listening to on the radio. This is refreshing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Settle Down" is one of my faves too! Just makes me wanna sing!! Kimbra's full length album is gonna be released in the US later this year - sometime around August I think. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have a short EP on Zune now. I have to buy more microsoft points and then I can buy it. I listened to a few snippets. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete